Thursday, May 29, 2008

I finally figured it out.

So at a restaurant sometime in the winter, I was asked it I knew God. "How can you possible know God?" is what I wondered. So in response I talked more than I ever talked in my whole life in one sitting about my life in general. But this knowing God thing puzzled me. Knowing God? Perhaps there is a book on the subject. (There is). But what I was after was a lot of Bible reading and reading books by people who had read the Bible and said what it was about. Which is what most Christians do anyway; it's too hard to figure out this on your own. But lately I have been reading "Jesus: Uncovering the Life, Teachings, and Relevance of a Religious Revolutionary." And somewhere it clicked that knowing God was about having an encounter with Him. An intimate spiritual experience. The only one that I've had so far is one in which God spoke to me while I was in the most secualar of places; a north end call center. He said two words to me "I'm Here." As I write this I realise that God is everywhere. With me now, as I write this in a messy, disorganized "hole in the ground." that I call my apartment. It's something that I'm still trying to comprehend. But I don't know if I can.

No comments: