Life has calmed down. It is interesting how God speaks to you. I was thinking about this whole getting to know God and how if you are a Christian you are supposed to be in a "personal relationship with Jesus." As I thought about that, I thought of all the things that I would do if I Jesus was physically here and what I would do with him. I thought of all the music we would listen to and the movies we would watch. Then I thought of how he would eat with sinners so I imagined him and I having dinner and he would bring over some homeless people and prostitutes from 20th street. I thought of how we would go to Edmonton to see my sister, and he would not want to go to West Edmonton Mall because that was a symbol of Society's greed and commercialism. He probably would not like the lifestyles of the Western world how we have so much wealth and what not. Even I have a lot of money compared to most people in the world and yet I am categorised as living below the poverty line.
But it led me to think of other places to go to church in case Hope Fellowship never considers me "mennonite" enough or I give into temptation and really screw up and they kick me out like R. and R. . I have been thinking about going to the Bridge on 20th. I think there is a real need there in the inner city. Now I'm gonna go and call my sister.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment