Wednesday, September 24, 2008
CBC radio 3 fun club
So I listen to this show called the R3-30. It is CBC radio 3's countdown show. They have this facebook group called the fun club. And on this facebook group the message was to email a request for a song featuring the banjo. I almost requested the Big Sugar "All Hell for a Basement" but remembered with the amount of times I heard it on FM radio, it probably wasn't indie. So I requested the Be Good Tanyas's "Oostishchenia" And as I was getting ready to leave for my 8:30 am class, I turned on the podcast and R3-30 host Craig Norris read out my letter pronouncing my name correctly, which is interesting, given that on a previous episode he read a letter from a classmate of mine but prounounced the name of my hometown, Biggar, incorrectly. Go Figure. Well my letter was read (they edited it, though) and I grooved to the lovely sounds of "Ootischenia" as I started my day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you have a blog. Yay! How is school going?
Post a Comment